Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jet lag catches up with me and there is nothing on

Jet lag catches up with me at 3am

And I wish I spoke hebrew so I knew what was on tv. Israeli cable is full of international variety which I don't even pretend to understand. Shows from the us, britian, france, germany, russia, china and of course israel fill the menu of my tv

A quick run down -
Got bored of france 24 news - all headlines broadcast from a stark white set;

lots of soccer/football in multiple languages;

israeli tv has a station devoted to what must be action shows its AXN and all the clips are of action movies - the trouble is that the station appears to be just that, all action promos all the time. For the last hour I haven't seen one episode of anything, just israelis declaring their excitement over AXN! 3 other channels are like that.

Rtv1 - russian tv is broadcasting a marriage dating show broadcast from a picnic table in some indoor garden. Contestants are right out of some b level russian dating service and the host of the program looks as if she was on the 76 russian olympic wrestling team. I'm unsure from the theme music if the male contestant wins or loses by finding a mate

The other rtv1 channel has some some 80s looking band performing live and clips of a surreal branson like musical variety show with men in dresses, women dancing barefoot, other women with freakish hairdos. Now there is a borat like program call "the districts of new york". I kid you not.

There may be some israeli comedy program (I can only speculate its comedy) with a bald man squirting his own head with a water gun.

German tv's chart show, before a cheering studio audience, has a band of men and women all in kilts all are drinking some hot tea. The VW commercial with the talking vw beetle suddenly makes more sense.
Another german station has a b&w sinatra movie dubbed into german.

Oh, and there is no gideon bible in any desk drawer here.

I need sleep - we start again in 3 hours.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: