Friday, December 28, 2007

Music for All: The Apples In Stereo & The Polyphonic Spree

I like music. As you will learn on this blog, I particularly focus on music for my kids lately. Having a large music collection and twin pre-schoolers has caused a seismic shift in my listening and buying habits that I buy for "us" as well as "me" (let's be honest, i could say i buy for them, but i enjoy it too).

So, imagine my surprise and pleasure when I downloaded Energy by The Apples In Stereo and found the kids loving the song. Playing it over and over again like its one of their own, the power pop catchiness with a touch of the grandiosness of the Polyphonic Spree make this well worth a download for all to share. Free on amazon.

Having an even higher playcount on my ipod, thanks to the little ones in the backseat, is Running Away by The Polyphonic Spree. The kids likes Light and Day / Reach for the Sun, but this past summer while riding her bicycle down a hill, A told me that when she was zooming down a hill she had "Running Away" in her head. I knew at that point we were both hooked. Hearing her sing it in her pre-school voice was well worth my 99 cents.

Both songs, make excellent additions to any kids or adults playlist.

2 comments:

Mat said...

I also recommend for kids, "We don't need no education" by P. Floyd. there's a video on youtube too if you want a sing-a-long.

Stefan said...

Robert Schneider's got a CD for kids coming out (theoretically) in 2008 under the moniker Robbert Bobbert and the Bubble Machine -- there is a clip or two at the Little Monster Records website, and I'm pretty sure he's got a myspace page, too.

(And thanks for the nice words. "Finest Worksong" is such a great song.)