Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New songs for vacation Pt. 1 - kids music

Just in time for winter travel, bountiful new music is available to share with my kids. My philosophy has always been "If I have to listen to it, I might as well enjoy it and create the playlist."

Just downloaded (as seen on my list to the left) are the three great songs from the soundtrack to Enchanted. Written by the great Disney team of Alan Menken (Little Mermaid & Beauty and the Beast) and Steven Schwartz of Wicked, these 3 songs are classic Disney princess songs which my two princesses immediately adored. The movie is pasable, but the songs are a heck of a lot of fun.

That's How You Know recalls the same calypso / reggae feel pioneered in Little Mermaid and True Love's Kiss is classic Beast.

Kudos to itunes as well for making the desireable songs downloadable individually as opposed to album only (which quite often happens with itunes). Three songs for 99 cents each - you cannot go wrong.

Next post - new Peter Himmelman. The son of Bob Dylan pens some great stuff for kids.

No comments: